Bloopers: The terrible, the bad and the awful

BLOOPERS aka 99% of the photo’s we take for this little ole blog.  I started reading blogs 5-6 years ago and always thought about having my own blog.  It only took about 4 years before I (and by ‘I’ I mean my sister and Jeremy) actually pushed myself to start blogging.  While most of my posts contain of photographs of myself I think its important that you know I am SO AWKWARD in front of the camera and taking photo’s is one of my least favorite parts of blogging.  I know that seems cray since I have posted a bajillion pictures of myself on the world wide web for everyone to see but it’s the truth and probably the main reason I took forever to start my blog.  It’s still weird for me to post pictures of myself on Instagram every damn day but I know that the pictures are a huge part of fashion blogging.  In fact, when I started blogging I made Jeremy promise not to tell anyone we know because I thought people would think it was so superficial.  The reality is that I am super picky about every photograph I post because putting myself out there on the internet is WEIRD.  We probably take 200-300 photographs of each outfit and I cringe at 95% of them.  While I like to talk a tad about my person life (and hope to open up even more on here) my posts are largely fashion related and I personally don’t care much for reading someone blab about clothes without seeing pictures of them so why would I write a blog that way?

So now that you know how much I’ve struggled with posting photograph’s why not share all the cringe-worthy ones.  Obviously I have come a long way and can now only laugh about how ridiculous I look at times.  These are just too good not to share…

bloopers (1 of 1)-3DSC_0100

I like to sleep…a lot. No pillow necessary.

bloopers (1 of 1)-4 bloopers (1 of 1)-5 bloopers (1 of 1)-13

I was very pigeon toe’d as a child and my dad spent years helping me correct it, mostly by yelling at me ‘TOES OUT, TOES OUT.” He would cringe looking at these photo’s, sorry Dad!

bloopers (1 of 1)-6 bloopers (1 of 1)-8bloopers (1 of 1)-15

I don’t have 99 problems, I have one…it’s my hair.

bloopers (1 of 1)-10bloopers (1 of 1)-14bloopers (1 of 1)-16

I’m like really, really pretty.

black skirt (1 of 1)-2

So, there I am in all my windblown, sleepy, awkward, cranky glory.

There’s nothing like going all out on a Thursday and publishing embarrassing photo’s of yourself. How you like me nowwwwww?! Props to you if you get my song reference because I like to sing that a whole lot and we should be friends.

Thanks for stopping by!

Share:

21 Comments

1. Alanna (sissy)
    May 26, 2016 / 1:11 pm

Return of the pigeon toes!!!! Love you and your awkwardness!

2. May 27, 2016 / 10:29 am

Oh my gosh, this is AMAZING and I feel like you just took a look at the photos on my camera too! I’m right there with you, girl!!! Good thing you look adorable in these bloopers too–most of mine my eyes look possessed! HA! Love that you shared ‘this’ side of what goes into everything! Happy weekend babe!

xox,
    Kristin

3. May 27, 2016 / 10:30 am

LOL! Love how real this post is! I hate taking photos of my outfits because I feel funny in front of a camera. We get more shots of me with a double chin or looking awkward than I’d care to admit!

4. May 27, 2016 / 11:17 am

I love this post!!! hahaha! SO FUN! No matter what you look amazing!! xo

5. May 27, 2016 / 12:27 pm

oMG, I LOVE this post!! I can relate on EVERY single thing you mentioned!! I hate any attention on myself, I hate taking pics of myself AND I totally did and still do get worried/paranoid abt people thinking I’m superficial. Thank you for keeping it so REAL!!

xoxo
    Tiffani

6. May 27, 2016 / 1:16 pm

OMG I Love this post!! Haha. My hair is the biggest problem in my pictures – especially my bangs that end up going up into a cowlick while I have a great pose. The other blooper i have is looking upset when the wind blows in my face lol! Which in the windy city is most of the time

xo Mariam

7. May 27, 2016 / 1:59 pm

GIRL I so FEEL YOU!! I also hate taking photos of myself, it’s not my favorite. I also take probably 200 photos and pick out maybe 10 good ones to post to the blog. We make it look so effortless but #thestruggleisreal LOL – loved this post!
    xo Annie

8. May 27, 2016 / 2:33 pm

This is the best post ever! I literally laughed out loud at numerous things you said because I can relate to almost all of them! Hair being #1! So cute! Xo

9. Heather Johnson
    May 27, 2016 / 3:48 pm

Oh my goodness! I SOSOOOO love this post! So much truth here – I feel the exact same way! I am not one that actually likes to be the center of attention, and it took me two years before I told most people I even had a blog (aside from those closest to me), lol. I about had a panic attack when I recently started a Facebook blog page because I actually had to show people who really know me what my “little hobby” is, and because it is a bit superficial, I too was so hesitant to put myself out there. Funny to learn these things about one another as bloggers – I think most of us have the same types of fears! 😉 I love your photos too – but you seriously look cute in every one of them! Great post!
    XX,
    Heather

10. May 28, 2016 / 10:43 am

OMG I feel this 100%. I still have not told major people in my life because I feel to weird about posting pictures of myself! And I agree, taking pictures is the worst part of blogging lol. Glad to see someone else saying it, but you look gorgeous even in the bloopers!

11. Jessica
    June 6, 2016 / 6:10 pm

Haha glad I’m not alone!! Sometimes I look at the camera roll like ‘where are all the good ones???’ And there’s nada! The struggle!

12. Jessica
    June 6, 2016 / 6:11 pm

Well you are not alone! Being in front of the camera is intimidating for sure!

13. Jessica
    June 6, 2016 / 6:11 pm

Thanks Ruthie, you’re always so supportive!!

14. Jessica
    June 6, 2016 / 6:12 pm

Thank you so much!! I’m glad you enjoyed the post, I know so many of us must feel the same so I had to share!

15. Jessica
    June 6, 2016 / 6:17 pm

It’s tough being a girl!! I definitely cannot pull off the wind blown look so I feel for you girl!!

16. Jessica
    June 6, 2016 / 6:17 pm

It is SO real!! The good photos are really few and far between!

17. Jessica
    June 6, 2016 / 6:18 pm

YaY! So glad you enjoy it, thanks Nicole!!

18. Jessica
    June 6, 2016 / 6:22 pm

Yes yes yes!! I freaked when I accidentally linked my IG to my FB, it’s definitely scary to put yourself or there! Glad we can relate on that! Thanks for stopping by!!

19. Jessica
    June 6, 2016 / 6:23 pm

Thank you so much! It’s definitely an awkward feeling!

20. June 20, 2016 / 11:33 pm

jess–YOU CRACK ME UP!!! lol, first, i can TOTALLY relate you to, goodness when i first started i hated (and still do) taking photos!! oh the irony… lol, and i felt even more weird about posting them on instagram etc.. like people would think i’m so superficial?!?! gosh i was laughing so hard at this post bc of how much i can relate to it!! girl, i don’t like you now.. i LOVE YA!!!! thanks so much for sharing this, and you seriously need to start a captioning biznaz bc you are one of the best!!! xoxo,

janna | http://www.jannadoan.com